Ten Nunavut students win Nunasi scholarships
Nunasi scholarships are worth $2,500
Nunasi Corporation in partnership with Nuna Logistics, NCC Investment Group Ltd and Larga Kitikmeot announced Sept. 7 the names of the Nunavut students who will receive 2012 Nunasi Scholarships.
The scholarships, intended to encourage Inuit “to continue with their education and pursue academic excellence,” go to eligible applicants, who are beneficiaries of the Nunavut Land Claims Agreement and enrolled in a recognized, accredited educational institution for the 2012/2013 academic year.
Ten $2,500 scholarships have been awarded to:
• Amoudla Makiniq Kootoo of Iqaluit;
• Angela Nuliayok Rudolph of Gjoa Haven;
• Delma Autut of Chesterfield Inlet;
• Laura Arngna’Naaq of Baker Lake
• Nancy Gordon of Rankin Inlet;
• Pamela Gross of Cambridge Bay;
• Rebecca Hutchings of Cape Dorset;
• Shelly O’Gorman of Cambridge Bay;
• Teevai Mackay of Iqaluit; and,
• Tracy Wallace of Rankin Inlet.