Nunatsiaq Online
NEWS: Nunavut August 12, 2014 - 11:50 am

Photo: New roof for Cambridge Bay’s historic stone church

NUNATSIAQ NEWS
The old stone church in Cambridge Bay, built by Catholic missionaries in 1954 but which lost its roof in a fire in 2006, is finally getting a new roof. The church was built with broken rocks fused together with an inventive mix of clay and seal oil under the direction of Father André Pierre Marie Steinmann, an Oblate missionary born in France. (PHOTO BY RED SUN PRODUCTIONS)
The old stone church in Cambridge Bay, built by Catholic missionaries in 1954 but which lost its roof in a fire in 2006, is finally getting a new roof. The church was built with broken rocks fused together with an inventive mix of clay and seal oil under the direction of Father André Pierre Marie Steinmann, an Oblate missionary born in France. (PHOTO BY RED SUN PRODUCTIONS)

Email this story to a friend... Print this page... Bookmark and Share

 THIS WEEK’S ADS

 ADVERTISING


        


Custom Search