Inuit Broadcasting Corp. thanks contributors to media arts centre
Want to donate? IBC still seeks $1.3 million in Revenue Canada eligible contributions
The Inuit Broadcasting Corp. held a grand opening for the Nunavut Media Arts Centre on Dec. 2, 2015. It was a wonderful success!
We would like to take this opportunity to acknowledge the following contributions that have assisted us to get to this important milestone. A full list, which includes many generous individuals and companies, is available at here.
Guardian of Inuit Culture ($1 million+):
• Government of Nunavut — ᓄᓇᕗᑦ ᒐᕙᒪᖓ — Gouvernement du Nunavut
• Government of Canada — ᑲᓇᑕ ᒐᕙᒪᖓ — Gouvernement du Canada
IQ/Traditional Knowledge Champion ($100,000-$499,999):
• Kitikmeot Inuit Association — ᕿᑎᕐᒥᐅᑦ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᖓᑦ
• Kivalliq Inuit Association — ᑭᕙᓪᓕᕐᒥᑦ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᖓᑦ
• Qikiqtani Inuit Association — ᕿᑭᖅᑕᓂ ᐃᓄᐃᑦ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃᑎᒌᖓᑦ
History Keeper ($50,000-$99,999):
• Pairijait Tigumivik Society — ᐸᐃᕆᔭᐃᑦ ᑎᒍᒥᕕᒃ
• Kakivak Association — ᑲᑭᕙᒃ ᑲᑐᔾᔨᖃ ᑎᒌᖏᑦ
• Nunavut Tunngavik Inc. — ᓄᓇᕗᑦ ᑐᓐᖓᕕᒃᑯᑦ ᑎᒥᖓᑦ
• NMAC Builder ($10,000-$49,000):
• R L Hanson Construction Ltd. — ᕼᐊᓐᓴᓐ ᓴᓇᔨᖏᑦ
• Nunavut Film Development Corporation — ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᑕᑯᓐᓇᕋᔅᓴᓕᐅᖅᑏᑦ ᑎᒥᖓᑦ
Undisclosed amount: Telesat — ᑐᓴᕈᑎᓕᕆᔨᑦ
• Qikiqtaaluk Corp. — ᕿᑭᕐᑖᓗᒃ ᑯᐊᐳᕇᓴᓐ
• NCC Properties Ltd. — ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᐃᓪᓗᓕᕆᔨᒃᑯᑦ
• Atuqtuarvik Corp. - ᐊᑐᕐᑐᐊᕐᕕᒃ ᑯᐊᐳᕇᓴᓐ
Financing: First Nations Bank of Canada — ᑲᓇᑕᒥ ᐊᓪᓚᐃᑦ ᑮᓇᐅᔭᒃᑯᕕᖏᑦ
On behalf of the IBC board and staff, I invite you to contribute to this success story and help diminish the remaining amount of $1.3 million — of the $8.6 million goal — for new media equipment and training, and related costs.
Tax receipts are available and donation information is available at http://www.building4dreams.ca.
Nunatsiaq News welcomes letters to the editor. But we are under no obligation to publish any given letter at any given time.
In our print edition, we usually print letters on a first-come, first-served, space-available basis. In our online edition, we usually print letters as soon as we are able to prepare them for publication.
All letters are edited for length, grammar, punctuation, spelling, taste and libel. You may withhold your name by request, but we must know who you are before we publish your letter.