Fifteen more candidates file for Oct. 28 election: Elections Nunavut
Candidates may file declarations of candidacy no later than 2 p.m. Sept. 27
Four days after Sandy Kusugak, Nunavut’s Chief Electoral Officer, said Sept. 23 that she had issued writs — that is, the official orders calling for the Oct. 28 territorial election — many candidates have already filed declarations of candidacy.
Returning officers and assistant returning officers, who began to accept declarations of candidacy Sept. 23, will continue to accept declarations until 2 p.m. Sept. 27.
On Sept. 26, the following Nunavummiut filed their declarations:
• David Joanasie, South Baffin;
• Solomon Awa, Iqaluit-Sinaa;
• Amauyak Netser, Arviat North-Whale Cove;
• Moses Appaqaq, Hudson Bay;
• Isaac Shooyook, Quttiktuq;
• Alexander Sammurtok, Rankin Inlet South;
• Karen Yip and Simeon Mikkungwak, Baker Lake;
• George Quviq Qulaut, Amittuq;
• Charlie Kalluk, Uqqummiut;
• Pat Arnakak, Iqaluit-Niaqunnguu;
• Paul Haulli in Amittuq;
• Mikidjuk Akavak, Iqaluit-Manirajak;
• David Qajaakuttuk Qamaniq, Tununiq; and,
• Patterk Netser, Iqaluit–Tasiluk.