Another 12 candidates file for Oct. 28 election: Elections Nunavut
Six incumbent MLAs file candidacy declarations Sept. 25
Three days after Sandy Kusugak, Nunavut’s Chief Electoral Officer, said Sept. 23 that she had issued writs — that is, the official orders calling for the Oct. 28 territorial election — many candidates have already filed declarations of candidacy.
Returning officers and assistant returning officers, who began to accept declarations of candidacy Sept. 23, will continue to accept declarations until 2 p.m. Sept. 27.
As of late Sept. 25, Elections Nunavut had received declarations, accompanied by a $200 deposit, for 12 more candidates in the following ridings:
• Joannie Ikkidluak and Fred Schell in South Baffin;
• Qilak Kusugak in Rankin Inlet North-Chesterfield Inlet;
• Ron Elliott in Quttiktuq;
• Peter Taptuna in Kugluktuk;
• Travis Cooper in Iqaluit-Tasiluk;
• Anne Crawford and Jack Anawak in Iqaluit-Niaqunnguu;
• Lewis Lehman in Iqaluit-Manirajak;
• Allan Rumbolt in Hudson Bay;
• Keith Peterson in Cambridge Bay; and,
• Johnny Ningeongan in Aivilik.